Introduction to My Blog

This is my blog where I will be documenting my research for the module Fashion Management and Marketing. My key focus for this blog will be around the brand 'Umbro', considering the origin of the company, where the brand is today, and in my own personal opinion, what I would suggest the brand should do to excel further in the fashion world, taking marketing strategies into consideration. 

We were given the choice of 6 brands to look into for the module; Abercrombie and Fitch, Umbro, Victoria's Secret, Dolce and Gabanna, Ben Sherman and Topshop/Topman. I chose Umbro as I have little knowledge of the brand, and as it is less popular, I was intrigued to see what struggles the brand comes across to succeed. In my previous module, I had a strong focus on sportswear culture, therefore I wanted to further my knowledge in this area by choosing a company which sells sports apparel. I have also seen the brand feature on websites I often visit such as Urban Outfitters, they have done a collaboration with this store, which intrigued me further. 

As part of this module, I have to attempt to re-brand Umbro, and suggest ways which they could excel the company and perhaps adhere to a larger target demographic, those of different ages and those of different interests. I want to see whether the brand is continually only releasing products dedicated to sport or whether they are branching out into the fashion world. I feel as if Umbro are attempting to reach a wider demographic by collaborating with several 'more popular' brands such as Urban Outfitters and Off-White, however, I do not think they are having the success that they are trying to gain. As I continue to research throughout this module I will look into why Umbro are struggling with gaining a large stable audience and why they aren't as dominant in the sportswear/streetwear world, like Adidas and Nike are. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updated Brand Positioning Map

Brand Positioning Map - First Draft

FIRST DRAFT: P.E.S.T.E.L ANALYSIS